- Visitors, subscribers of our online courses, and buyer of cookbooks of our website
- Visitors contacting us through the contact or other forms available on the website
This policy includes a description of your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing activities we carry out.
For the purposes of this policy statement, Customer Data means Personal Data and Technical Data.
We also use Customer Data to derive Statistical Data. This is processed and stored purely for analytical purposes and is entirely anonymous. This information will not be stored to your customer record and will only be aggregated for statistical analysis so that we can better understand our customers’ profile and improve our service offering.
After purchasing any of our products, a user with a corresponding password will be created. The information which is entered during the purchasing process will be stored in our database. The information is only used for contractual reasons. No personal information is transferred to third parties. In case you forgot your password, use the “Forgot Password” function on the “Login” page.
When joining an online course or purchasing a cookbook, VFS requires personal information such as height, body weight, health related questions, body related questions, daily activities, and sports activities to calculate the food amounts of the recipes in the cookbooks. This information is stored in our database and file system.
If you are an EU or Swiss resident, we are required to disclose the legal basis for processing your data under the GDPR and the Swiss Data Protection Act. We will use the Customer Data in the following ways:
- Process and assist you with any transactions related to your purchase;
- resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, help promote safe matching, inform you about offers, products, services, and updates, customize your experience, detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity, enforce our Terms & Conditions, and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection;
- use your email to send you system emails about the functionality of our website that you cannot opt out from and you will have to receive if you want to use our website. If you want to stop receiving our system emails, you will have to deactivate your account by contacting email@example.com.
As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you, to provide customized services and marketing and to ensure the proper functioning of our products, services and organization, we will use your Customer Data to:
- improve our website and to ensure content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
aggregate Customer Data into anonymized statistical data, which we will use for statistical analysis so that we can better understand our customers’ profile and improve our service offering. In specific, we use your anonymized data for the following reasons:
- Estimate the total number of internet users visiting our website from specific countries or regions of the world
- Assist third-party advertisers to track effectiveness of the promotions they run on our website, visits to and business at third-party’s websites
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to protect your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information:
- All our employees, independent contractors and agents have executed non-disclosure agreements, which provide explicit confidentiality protections. Any employee, independent contractor or agent who violates such privacy and/or security policies is subject to possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- We use a secure service when you make a purchase through our website, via a virtual gateway operated by the payment processors.
- We use robust security measures to protect data from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of data. When the Services are accessed using the internet, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects your information, using both server authentication and data encryption. These technologies help ensure that your information is safe, secure, and only available to you and to whom you have granted access
You should be aware that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features such as encryption to try to prevent unauthorized access. You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your account’s username and password.
We save your information in our database in order to enable us to fulfil our contract and to improve our website’s and user experience and in accordance with our Terms & Conditions.
If you are a resident in the EU or Switzerland, you may have certain rights in relation to the Customer Data we hold about you, which we detail below. To exercise any of your rights, you can file a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These rights include:
Right of access and rectification
You have the right to know whether we process Customer Data about you, and if we do, to access Customer Data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with. You have the right to access, review and rectify your personal data by filing a request to email@example.com
Right of data portability
Where you have provided your data directly to us and where the processing is carried out by automated means and based on your consent or the performance of a contract between you and us, you have the right to receive the personal data processed about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and request portability of your Personal Data
Right of withdraw consent
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will be able to withdraw that consent at any time you choose and at your own initiative by firstname.lastname@example.org. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the collection and processing of your data based on your consent up until the moment where you withdraw your consent
Right of erasure
You may request that we erase the Customer Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold the Customer Data we hold about you;
- we are processing the Customer Data we hold about you on the basis of your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent and there is no other ground under which we can process the Customer Data;
- we are processing the Customer Data we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you object to such processing; or
- you believe the Customer Data we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us
Right of restriction of processing
You have a right to require us to stop processing the Customer Data we hold about you other than for storage purposes in certain circumstances. Please note, however, that if we stop processing the Customer Data, we may use it again if there are valid grounds under data protection law for us to do so (e.g. for the defense of legal claims or for another’s protection). Should you wish to have your Personal Data restricted, please file a request to email@example.com
Right to object
At any time, you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data, including where your Personal Data is processed for promotions, special offers and marketing messages. Should you want to make use of the right to object, please file a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We need your assistance to ensure that your Customer Data is current, complete and accurate. As such, please inform us of changes to your Customer Data by sending an email to email@example.com
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. However, we cannot distinguish the age of persons who access and use the website. If a minor (according to applicable laws) has provided us with Customer Data without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to remove the relevant Customer Data and unsubscribe the minor. If we become aware that Customer Data has been collected from a person under the age of 16 without parental or guardian consent, we will delete this Customer Data and, where that minor has an account, terminate the minor’s account.
We will retain Customer Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, our legal or business purposes, or as required by relevant laws.
Last updated June 6, 2020